If you’re a high-flying student with aspirations to study abroad, Finland could be your ideal destination. Known for its high-quality education system, Finland offers several fully-funded scholarships that cover tuition, living costs, and more.
These scholarships are highly competitive, but for those who qualify, they offer an exceptional opportunity to study in a vibrant country while earning a top-notch degree. In this post, we will discuss four fully-funded scholarships provided by Finnish universities and a popular doctoral fellowship.
Tampere University Scholarships
Table of Contents
Tampere University, a pillar of academic excellence in Finland, has an array of scholarships on offer. As part of its prestigious Tampere Scholarships Programme, the university provides a number of fully-funded scholarships to high-achieving international students. Whether you’re at the bachelor’s level or pursuing a master’s degree, there could be a full-ride scholarship with your name on it, covering a whopping 100% of your tuition fees.
- Citizenship: Varies depending on the scholarship, with some open to international students and others specifically for Finnish citizens.
- Academic Background: Strong academic record with excellent grades and relevant degrees.
- Financial Need: Some scholarships prioritize students demonstrating financial need.
- English Language Proficiency: Meeting the required TOEFL or IELTS score for international applicants.
- Research Experience: Certain scholarships may require relevant research experience.
- Application Process:
- Deadlines: Vary depending on the scholarship, typically between October and March of the preceding year.
- Application Platform: Submit your application through the Tampere University online portal or specific program portals.
- Required Documents: Prepare academic transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, proof of English language proficiency (if applicable),
The possibility of studying in one of Finland’s finest universities with the backing of a fully-funded scholarship makes it an opportunity worth pursuing.
The University of Oulu scholarships
The University of Oulu offers various scholarships for international students who are interested in pursuing their studies in Finland. These scholarships are designed to support students in covering their tuition fees and living expenses during their stay in Oulu.
- Strong academic record with excellent grades in relevant degrees.
- English language proficiency demonstrated through TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants).
- Depending on the scholarship, financial need may be considered.
- Some scholarships might have additional requirements specific to the program or funding source.
- Deadlines vary depending on the scholarship program, typically falling between January and March for the upcoming academic year.
- Application platforms differ, with some requiring submission through the Studyinfo portal, program portals, or the university scholarship website.
- Required documents usually include academic transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, a personal statement,
The University of Oulu, with its vast academic canvas and the all-encompassing nature of its scholarship program, could be your gateway to a stellar academic journey.
Cimo Doctoral Fellowship For International Students
Leaping doctoral studies is a major step, one that should be backed by substantial financial support. That’s where the Cimo Doctoral Fellowship steps in, creating a pathway for young researchers around the globe to pursue their doctorate at a Finnish university. This exciting fellowship extends its reach across all academic fields, offering a platform for young scholars to dive deep into their research interests in a well-supported environment.
- Open to doctoral candidates from all academic fields.
- Preference is given to those registered in a jointly supervised doctorate offered by a Finnish university.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but there is a focus on applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil, and North America.
- Monthly stipend of €1200 (subject to change).
- Duration of 3 to 12 months.
- Funding for research activities.
- Opportunity to conduct research in a world-class academic environment.
- Applications are submitted by the hosting Finnish university on behalf of the applicant.
- Required documents include a motivation letter from the applicant and a complete CV.
- A research plan (2-5 pages) may be required.
- There is no annual deadline, but applications should be submitted at least 5 months before the intended scholarship period.
However, like all fully-funded scholarships and fellowships, the competition is fierce. If you’re considering this unique opportunity, it’s time to start putting together an application that shines a spotlight on your research potential and dedication.
Read Also: Fully Funded Fiji Scholarships
Can I get a fully funded scholarship in Finland?
Yes, absolutely! Finland offers several fully-funded scholarship options for international students, particularly for those outside the EU/EEA who pay tuition fees. Here are some key ones:
- Finland Government Scholarships: Funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture, these offer full coverage of tuition fees, a monthly stipend, and a relocation grant.
- Finland Doctoral Fellowships: For doctoral research at Finnish universities, these include a monthly stipend, research funding, and an arrival grant.
- University-specific scholarships: Many Finnish universities have independent scholarship programs with varying levels of funding, including full tuition coverage.
What is the 100% scholarship in Finland?
The Finland Government Scholarship is often referred to as the “100% scholarship” as it covers all tuition fees for non-EU/EEA students and provides additional financial support. However, it’s important to note that it doesn’t necessarily cover living expenses in all cases.
What are the requirements for Finland scholarships?
Requirements vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, some general criteria include:
- Excellent academic achievement
- Strong motivation for studying in Finland
- Relevant research proposal or study plan (for research or higher-level degrees)
- English language proficiency
How do I apply for the Finland Government scholarship 2023?
For the 2024 intake (starting September 2024), applications are closed. However, you can still research the program and prepare for the next application period, which typically opens in February/March. You apply through the universities you’re interested in via their online application portals.
How can I study in Finland for free?
While tuition fees are free for students from EU/EEA and Switzerland, some options for non-EU/EEA students to effectively “study for free” in Finland include:
- Securing a fully-funded scholarship like the ones mentioned above.
- Applying for university scholarships with substantial tuition coverage.
- Combining scholarships with part-time work opportunities allowed for international students in Finland.
Remember, researching scholarship opportunities early, highlighting your academic strengths, and crafting a compelling application are crucial for maximizing your chances of studying in Finland with financial support.
These scholarships, while competitive, represent the investment that Finland, as a nation, makes in its international students. They ensure that financial strain doesn’t obstruct the path to academic brilliance. Remember, though, the competition for these fully-funded scholarships is intense. Aspiring scholars should seize this opportunity and pour heart and soul into their applications, highlighting their academic prowess, dedication, and drive.
So, if you’re dreaming of studying in one of the world’s top-ranking universities while exploring the wonders of Finnish culture, it’s time to take action. Start crafting a compelling application, and you might just land one of these fully-funded scholarships, setting you on a journey that’s both academically fulfilling and culturally enriching. Here’s to your bright future in the Land of a Thousand Lakes! The adventure of a lifetime awaits in Finland. Don’t let this golden chance slip away!