Are you looking for an opportunity to study abroad, but struggling to find a fully-funded scholarship? Look no further than Iceland! Iceland offers a range of fully-funded scholarships for international students, enabling them to pursue undergraduate, graduate, and research programs in a variety of fields.
These scholarships not only cover tuition fees but also provide a monthly living allowance, making studying in Iceland an affordable and accessible option for students from all around the world. In this article, we will explore the different types of fully-funded scholarships available in Iceland and provide tips on how to apply for them
University of Iceland Research fund
Table of Contents
The University of Iceland Research Fund stands proud at the helm of our scholarship list, beckoning students from around the globe.
- Researchers at Icelandic universities, research institutes, or companies.
- Research students at Icelandic universities.
- Projects aligned with the research priorities of the Icelandic Science and Technology Policy Council.
- Annual deadlines: Typically in June for the following academic year.
- Online application system: Submit detailed proposals outlining research plans, budgets, and expected outcomes.
- Peer review: Proposals are evaluated by expert panels based on scientific merit, feasibility, and potential impact.
- Funding decisions: Announced in December or January for successful applicants.
As a recipient of this scholarship, you’ll find yourself engrossed in a dynamic research environment that’s bound to fuel your academic aspirations. So, for those willing to add to the global knowledge pool and ready to dive into an intellectually stimulating journey, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
Read Also: Fully Funded Guinea-Bissau Scholarships
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds MD fellowships
Attention all medical students with a heart for research – here’s your golden ticket to study in the breathtaking landscapes of Iceland! The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds MD fellowships invite you to take your academic pursuits to the next level.
- Enable medical students to perform high-quality basic research in a renowned international laboratory.
- Foster interaction and collaboration between basic and clinical researchers.
- Develop future generations of physician-scientists with strong research skills.
- Medical students enrolled in a German university.
- Excellent academic record: Demonstrated through high grades, research experience, and publications (if applicable).
- Motivation for research: Strong interest in basic biomedical research and potential for a future career in research.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Fluency in English: Research and communication in the host laboratory will be primarily in English.
Whether you’re drawn to the program by the chance to contribute to medical advancements or the lure of international research experience, the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds MD fellowships deliver on both fronts. After all, this isn’t just a scholarship – it’s a pathway to an enriching academic journey and an exciting future in the medical field.
Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships
Calling all academics! The Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships offer a unique, life-changing opportunity. This program seeks to stimulate collaboration and knowledge sharing between universities in Finland and Iceland.
- Foreign professors: Distinguished professors working abroad in the field of ICT.
- Finnish professors: Professors working at a respected foreign university in the field of ICT.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with decisions issued quarterly by the Nokia Foundation Board.
- The application requires a clear and concise research plan for the visit, highlighting:
- Collaboration with Finnish research groups.
- Ethical considerations.
- Benefits of the visit to Finland.
So, if you’re an academic eager to expand your horizons, tap into a new academic culture, and contribute to advancements in your field, the Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships await you. This isn’t just a scholarship; it’s a doorway to an international academic experience like no other.
Roberta Sykes Scholarships
Open exclusively to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australians, the Roberta Sykes Scholarships present a fantastic opportunity to explore postgraduate studies in Iceland.
What doesn’t it cover?
- Living expenses, additional travel costs beyond the allowance, or course materials.
- Applicants are required to select a specific course offered by Harvard Kennedy School or Harvard Business School and explain in their application:
- Why they chose this particular course.
- How the course will benefit their current and future roles.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and potential.
- Commitment to contributing to their communities.
- Applications are generally open during a specific period annually (check the CEW website for current deadlines).
- The application includes submitting a completed application form, a CV, a reference letter, and a course proposal outlining the chosen course and its relevance to your career goals.
- More information and the application form can be found on the CEW website: https://cew.org.au/scholarships/cew-roberta-sykes-scholarships/
The Roberta Sykes Scholarships aren’t just scholarships; they are gateways to global perspectives, enriching your academic journey and broadening your cultural view.
How can I get a scholarship to study in Iceland?
There are several options, here are a few key resources:
- Government of Iceland Scholarships: These offer funding for international students to study Icelandic as a Second Language at the University of Iceland, with full coverage of registration fees, a monthly stipend, and potential room and board. https://study.iceland.is/study-in-iceland/scholarships
- Erasmus+ Scholarships and Grants: This European program offers exchange/mobility grants for studying in Iceland, including subsistence and travel benefits. https://english.hi.is/university/erasmus_grants_outside_europe
- University-specific scholarships: Check individual universities in Iceland, like Reykjavik University, for potential scholarships for international students.
- External scholarships: Research scholarships based on your field of study or nationality, like Fulbright or Chevening grants.
How can I study in Iceland for free?
While tuition fees at public universities in Iceland are very low compared to many countries, complete coverage might be hard. However, exploring options like the Government of Iceland Scholarships for Icelandic language study can significantly minimize costs. Additionally, consider student grants or work-study programs to supplement your finances.
Which country is easiest to get a fully-funded scholarship?
If you’re looking for a country that offers generous scholarships that are easy to obtain, you might want to consider New Zealand. The New Zealand Aid Programme offers full scholarships for students from developing countries, and the application process is relatively simple. The scholarships cover tuition, living expenses, and travel costs, and they are available for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies. The application deadline for these scholarships is typically in March, so it’s important to start planning ahead if you’re interested.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Securing a full scholarship requires a strong application package showcasing academic excellence, research potential, and a compelling personal statement. Look for scholarships specifically offering full coverage and tailor your application to their criteria. Demonstrating financial need can also be beneficial.
Which country is best for full free scholarship?
Several countries offer excellent scholarship opportunities with comprehensive coverage, depending on your circumstances. Look into Norway’s Quota Scheme, Germany’s DAAD scholarships, or Swedish Institute scholarships for examples. Remember, research is key to finding the best fit based on your specific situation and study goals.
An academic journey is much more than just textbooks and classrooms; it’s about expanding horizons, gaining novel perspectives, and contributing to the global pool of knowledge. These fully funded scholarships in Iceland open the door to such an enriching experience, blending the beauty of Icelandic landscapes with the thrill of academic exploration.
Whether you are a budding medical researcher, an innovative academic, or an aspiring student, these scholarships are your passport to an unparalleled international academic journey. So, let the allure of Iceland’s breathtaking vistas and dynamic research environment inspire you to take the leap. These scholarships aren’t just financial support mechanisms; they’re gateways to new opportunities, collaborations, and potentially life-changing experiences. So why wait? Dive in, immerse yourself in a new culture, and embark on an educational adventure that goes beyond the boundaries of a conventional classroom. Remember, the world is your oyster and these scholarships are the keys that unlock the doors to a world of possibilities. Your next big academic adventure is just an application away!