Are you a student from Angola looking to pursue higher education? Look no further! We have good news for you – fully funded scholarships are available to help you achieve your academic goals.
These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other necessary costs, making it possible for you to focus on your studies without worrying about financial burdens. Keep reading to learn more about these amazing opportunities and how you can apply for them.
Angolan Institute for Science and Technology Scholarships
Table of Contents
If you have a passion for science and technology and a desire to use your skills to propel Angola into the future, then the scholarships offered by the Angolan Institute for Science and Technology (AIST) might be the perfect fit for you. AIST is committed to equipping the next generation of Angolan scientists and technologists with the tools they need to drive innovation and development.
Types of Scholarships:
- Master’s scholarships: Full funding for tuition, living expenses, and research funding for postgraduate studies in STEM fields at AIST or abroad.
- Doctoral scholarships: Full funding for tuition, living expenses, and research funding for doctoral studies in STEM fields at AIST or abroad.
- Be an Angolan citizen.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant STEM field from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated academic excellence with strong grades.
- Strong research potential and commitment to pursuing a career in STEM.
- Proficiency in English or the language of the host university (if studying abroad).
- Applications are typically open during specific periods, often announced on the AIST website.
- The application process usually involves submitting:
- Completed application form
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- Selection is based on academic merit, research potential, and alignment with AIST’s goals.
If you’re ready to take up the challenge and have the drive and dedication to contribute to Angola’s development through your chosen field in science or technology, then an AIST scholarship could be your stepping stone to great things.
University of Dundee CEPMLP Anglo-American Scholarship in the UK
This scholarship is not merely about acquiring a master’s degree. It’s an exclusive opportunity to immerse oneself in the world-renowned Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) at the University of Dundee. The successful candidate gets to dive deep into the complex world of energy policies and laws, developing a thorough understanding of the sector, and gaining skills to contribute towards Angola’s sustainable development.
- Open to international students from specific countries, including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, and Chile.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher.
- Demonstrate high English language proficiency (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0).
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers with post-degree work experience in the mining sector in the government, private sector, or academia.
- There is no separate application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants need to submit a strong application for the LLM MPMLP program, highlighting their academic achievements, relevant experience, and motivation for pursuing the program.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
This opportunity is not just about making a mark in the academic world, but about enabling the scholar to make lasting, meaningful contributions to their homeland. It’s a chance to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of energy in Angola and beyond.
Faculty of Science Postgraduate Elite Scholarships for Africans at University of Strathclyde in UK
Passionate about the sciences and aspiring for a postgraduate degree? Look no further! The University of Strathclyde, known for its trailblazing research and commitment to academic excellence, welcomes African students, including Angolans, through its Faculty of Science Postgraduate Elite Scholarships. This fully funded program is a golden ticket for those who have demonstrated an exemplary academic record in their undergraduate studies and who harbor a fervor for scientific exploration.
Eligibility (based on similar scholarships):
- Open to applicants from African countries.
- Hold a good Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science field.
- Demonstrate excellent academic performance and intellectual ability.
- Show strong leadership potential and commitment to contributing to scientific development in Africa.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements (typically IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- Applications are typically submitted through the University of Strathclyde online portal.
- Required documents might include academic transcripts, CV, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and proof of English language proficiency.
- Specific deadlines and application details may vary depending on the scholarship program and year, so check the university website for the latest information.
- Based on academic merit, financial need, personal statement, and potential to contribute to scientific development in Africa.
- Demonstrating passion for your chosen field, research experience, and leadership qualities will be advantageous.
The fully-funded Faculty of Science Postgraduate Elite Scholarships at the University of Strathclyde offers more than financial support; it’s a gateway to a vibrant and dynamic academic environment, where your passion for science and your thirst for knowledge can truly thrive.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Master Scholarship at University of the Western Cape in South Africa
Angola’s talent isn’t restricted to its borders, and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is committed to nurturing this talent through its partnership with the University of the Western Cape in South Africa. This fully funded Master’s scholarship program is an outstanding opportunity for ambitious Angolan students looking to make their mark.
The program aims to:
- Foster strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in developing countries
- Contribute to sustainable development by providing scholarships for development-related Master’s studies
- Help individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in their home country or region
The scholarship covers the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly living stipend
- Travel expenses
- Health insurance
The eligibility criteria for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Master Scholarship Programme vary depending on the region. However, some general eligibility criteria include:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, Central or South American country, South or Southeast Asian country, or Middle Eastern country
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with good grades
- Be admitted to a Master’s degree program at a DAAD-recognized university in your home country or region
- Have a strong commitment to development in your home country or region
- Be proficient in English or the language of instruction of the Master’s program
The application deadline for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Master Scholarship Programme varies depending on the region. However, the deadline for most regions is usually in November or December.
UCLA Law – Sonke Health & Human Rights Fellowship for African Legal Professionals
This fully funded Master of Law program at UCLA School of Law is tailored specifically for African legal professionals passionate about making a difference in their communities.
- Full-tuition grant for UCLA Law’s Master of Laws (LL.M.) Program.
- Assistance with living and travel expenses.
- Optional one-year fellowship placement with Sonke’s Policy Development and Advocacy unit (for South African graduates).
- Specialized coursework in health, human rights, and gender equality law.
- Opportunities to engage with leading scholars and practitioners in the field.
- Eligibility criteria:
- Strong academic record (second class division two or higher).
- Demonstrated commitment to health, human rights, or gender equality.
- Work or volunteer experience, or research publications in these areas.
- Return to Africa upon completion of the LL.M. (required for South African graduates, not specified for others).
To maximize the impact of this fellowship, preference is given to candidates from Angola. So, if you are an Angolan legal professional or activist with an unwavering commitment to human rights and public health, this opportunity could be the stepping stone to amplify your impact.
Can Nigerians still get scholarships in America?
There are numerous scholarships available for Nigerians to study in the USA. Some popular options include:
- Fulbright Scholarship Program: Funded by the U.S. government, this prestigious program offers full funding for postgraduate studies in various fields.
- Humphrey Fellowship Program: Another U.S. government-funded program aimed at mid-career professionals, focusing on leadership development and public service.
- African Graduate Fellowship Program: Sponsored by USAID, this program supports Master’s studies in agriculture, environment, and related fields.
- University-specific scholarships: Many American universities offer scholarships specifically for international students, including Nigerians. Research institutions often have programs for STEM fields.
Can I get a scholarship to the UK from Nigeria?
Yes, there are scholarship opportunities for Nigerians to study in the UK as well. Some notable options include:
- Chevening Scholarships: Funded by the UK government, these scholarships offer full funding for postgraduate studies in various fields.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme: Supported by the UK and partner countries, this program provides funding for Master’s degrees in specific development-related fields.
- British Council GREAT Scholarships: The British Council offers various scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in specific subject areas.
- University-specific scholarships: Similar to the US, many UK universities offer scholarships for international students, including Nigerians.
How can I get funding to study abroad from Nigeria?
Beyond scholarships, several options can help finance your studies abroad:
- Loans: Nigerian banks and international lenders offer education loans tailored for studying abroad.
- Grants: Research opportunities or teaching assistantships at your chosen university can provide financial support.
- Work-study programs: Some universities allow international students to work part-time on campus to offset expenses.
- Crowdfunding: Platforms like GoFundMe can help gather financial support from your community.
Can I get a scholarship in Canada from Nigeria?
Of course! Canada welcomes international students, and several scholarships cater to Nigerians specifically. Here are some examples:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: These prestigious scholarships offer full funding for doctoral studies at Canadian universities.
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship: Aimed at exceptional undergraduate students, this scholarship provides full funding for studies at Canadian universities.
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program: Similar to the UK program, this scheme offers funding for Master’s degrees in specific development-related fields.
- University-specific scholarships: Many Canadian universities offer scholarships for international students, including Nigerians.
Is Canada still accepting Nigerians?
Yes, Canada remains open to Nigerian students. In fact, Canada actively welcomes international students and views them as vital contributors to their diverse and vibrant society. The Canadian government prioritizes attracting skilled immigrants, and international education often serves as a pathway to permanent residency.
As we close this exploration of the fully funded scholarships available to Angolan students, it is essential to remember that the true value of these scholarships goes beyond the monetary aid they provide. Each one of these programs offers a unique chance to broaden your horizons, gain a world-class education, and make a meaningful difference in Angola and beyond.
These scholarships represent the keys to unlock your potential and the tickets to a brighter future. So, take the leap, explore these options, and step confidently into your future. The world is your oyster, and these fully funded Angola scholarships are your pearls of opportunity. Start your application today and set the stage for a transformative journey. The future of Angola is in the hands of its educated youth, and it’s time for you to play your part!