Are you a bright student from Eswatini (formerly known as Swaziland) seeking opportunities to further your education abroad? Look no further! This blog post is for you. We have compiled a list of fully-funded scholarship opportunities that will help you expand your horizons, attain your academic dreams, and get global exposure.
These exceptional scholarship programs will not only provide you with financial support but also equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to make a positive impact in your community and beyond. So, let’s dive in and explore the exciting world of fully-funded Eswatini scholarships.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
Table of Contents
This renowned initiative is spearheaded by the Aga Khan Foundation, a private, non-sectarian development organization. The goal of this foundation is to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in developing regions, including Eswatini.
Who can apply?
- Nationals of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Mozambique, Pakistan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/professional experience.
- Demonstrate genuine financial need.
- Construct a thoughtful, reliable, multi-source funding plan.
- Be admitted to a reputable postgraduate institution.
- Possess strong leadership potential, professional experience, extracurricular and/or entrepreneurial achievements, and volunteer contributions.
What does the program offer?
- Awards a limited number of new scholarships each year.
- Provides financial assistance for tuition fees and living expenses, typically on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis.
- Prioritizes Master’s level coursework but considers outstanding PhD applicants with strong recommendations.
- Offers the opportunity to study at reputable universities around the world.
How to apply:
- Applications are handled by local units of the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB).
- Deadlines typically fall in March or April of the preceding year, so check the program website for specific dates.
- The application process is competitive, so highlight your academic excellence, leadership qualities, and commitment to contributing to your home country.
It’s time to turn your dreams into reality. The scholarship could be your golden ticket to an enriching postgraduate experience and a brighter future. So, why wait? Begin your application process today, and you might be the next scholar to join this elite group of high-achieving students.
Discover the exciting world of the Chevening Scholarships, a prestigious global initiative led by the UK Government. Perfectly tailored for the intellectually curious, this scholarship allows recipients the opportunity to immerse themselves in a one-year Master’s degree program at any UK university, studying any subject of their choice.
What does the scholarship offer?
- Full tuition fees for your chosen Master’s program.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- An arrival allowance to help you settle in the UK.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
- The opportunity to network with other scholars and professionals.
How to apply:
- Applications are typically open from August to November of the preceding year. Check the Chevening website for specific deadlines and eligibility requirements.
- The application process is competitive, so make sure to highlight your academic achievements, leadership qualities, and commitment to your chosen field.
- You will need to submit an online application form, a personal statement, academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and proof of English language proficiency.
But that’s not all. The scholarship also includes additional funding to take care of other necessary expenditures you might incur during your studies.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
If you have a passion for development and are keen to contribute to your home country of Eswatini, the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) should be on your radar.
- Nationality: Be a national of a World Bank member developing country (check the list here: https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/leadership/members).
- Dual Citizenship: Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- Health: Be in good health.
- Education: Hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) earned at least three years before the application deadline.
- Employment: Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- Development Experience: Have at least three years of paid development-related employment since earning your bachelor’s degree, acquired within the past six years from the application deadline. (Check FAQs on how to count part-time experience: https://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships/jj-wbgsp).
- Academic Record: Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- English Language Proficiency: Meet the English language proficiency requirement (typically TOEFL or IELTS).
- Application Timeline: Applications usually open in August-September and close in October-November of the preceding year. Check the program website for specific dates: https://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships/jj-wbgsp.
- Application Requirements: Prepare the following documents:
- Completed Application Form: Download this from the program website and fill it out meticulously.
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates: Official documents showcasing your academic achievements.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters from professors, employers, or mentors who can attest to your abilities and potential.
- Personal Statement: Craft a compelling narrative highlighting your motivations, experiences, and how the program aligns with your career goals.
- Project Proposal: (For specific programs) Outline your research interests and proposed project concept (relevant for research fellowships).
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: Submit IELTS or TOEFL scores if required.
- Application Submission: Submit all documents electronically through the online application system.
- Selection Process: Applications are reviewed by a selection committee based on academic excellence, development experience, leadership potential, commitment to development, and alignment with the program’s objectives.
If you have a knack for solving complex problems and a passion for improving the living conditions in Eswatini, this is the scholarship you’ve been looking for. It’s time to apply your intellectual curiosity to the field of sustainable development and make a lasting impact.
Uppsala University International Scholarships
The scholarship caters to both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree seekers, offering a plethora of programs to suit diverse academic passions. Perhaps you’ve envisioned yourself diving into the intricate world of Scandinavian literature, or tackling environmental challenges in the realm of Sustainable Development.
- Citizenship: Not a citizen of the EU/EEA or Switzerland (except for specific scholarships).
- Academic Excellence: Demonstrated through strong grades, test scores, and research potential (for Master’s scholarships).
- Commitment to the chosen field: Evidenced through your statement and relevant experiences.
- English Language Proficiency: Meeting the required score for TOEFL or IELTS.
- Application Platform: Submit your application through the University Admissions online platform: https://www.uu.se/en/study/masters-studies/application.
- Specific requirements: Each scholarship has its requirements and deadlines. Check the program website or scholarship webpage for details.
- Required documents: Prepare academic transcripts, certificates, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and proof of English language proficiency.
- Proofread and submit: Ensure your application is complete and error-free before submitting.
Now, picture yourself strolling through the vibrant streets of Uppsala, basking in the city’s historic charm, and engaging with an eclectic student community.
How can I get a scholarship in Eswatini?
Eswatini offers multiple scholarship options for local and international students. Explore these avenues:
- Government Scholarships: Apply for the Scholarship Loan program through the Ministry of Education or explore specific scholarships like the Eswatini Girls in ICT Scholarship Program.
- University Scholarships: Universities like the University of Swaziland offer merit-based and needs-based scholarships for various programs.
- International Scholarships: Consider programs like the Chevening Scholarships (UK) or the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (development-related fields).
How can a Nigerian get a scholarship to study abroad?
Several resources are available for Nigerian students seeking scholarships abroad:
- Government Scholarships: Explore programs like the Federal Government Scholarship Award Scheme, the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Scholarships, and the Nigerian Agbami Scholarship for Science and Technology.
- University Scholarships: Many universities abroad offer scholarships tailored to international students, like the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme (Germany).
- Private Scholarships: Research funding opportunities offered by foundations, corporations, and NGOs relevant to your field of study.
How does a fully funded scholarship work?
Fully funded scholarships typically cover tuition fees, living expenses, and sometimes even travel costs. The specific benefits and conditions vary depending on the program. Make sure to read the scholarship guidelines carefully.
Which university gives scholarships in Nigeria?
Numerous universities in Nigeria offer scholarships, both domestically and for international study. Here are a few examples:
- University of Ibadan
- University of Lagos
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Covenant University
- Babcock University
Remember, each university has its own scholarship programs and eligibility criteria. Research their websites thoroughly.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Securing a full scholarship requires demonstrating academic excellence, leadership potential, and a compelling connection to the scholarship’s objectives. Here are some tips:
- Excel academically: Maintain outstanding grades, perform well in standardized tests, and showcase research publications or relevant achievements.
- Build a strong profile: Craft a compelling personal statement highlighting your unique qualities, experiences, and career aspirations.
- Target relevant scholarships: Research programs aligning with your field, skills, and academic background.
- Showcase leadership: Demonstrate your leadership potential through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, or previous leadership roles.
- Connect with your story: Craft a narrative that explains your background, motivations, and how the scholarship aligns with your goals and will contribute to your home country or chosen field.
Remember, applying to multiple scholarships increases your chances of success. Stay persistent, utilize available resources, and seek guidance from mentors or scholarship experts.
Eswatini students, the world of academia is vast and filled with exceptional opportunities, as we’ve explored through these remarkable scholarships. Whether it’s the globally recognized Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme, the UK’s prestigious Chevening Scholarships, the impactful Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, or the enriching Uppsala University International Scholarships, the options are diverse and exciting.
They are a stepping stone to becoming global changemakers and leaders in your respective fields. So, Eswatini scholars, don’t hold back. Embark on this thrilling journey, reach out for your dreams, and make the most of these exceptional opportunities. You have the potential; all you need is to take that leap of faith. So, gear up, start your application process, and who knows? You might be the next scholar to make Eswatini proud on a global platform. Embrace the challenge, seize these opportunities, and let your academic journey shine with these fully funded scholarships.