Education is the gateway to opportunities, personal growth, and success. However, financial constraints often become a significant hurdle for many potential learners. Yet, the good news is, that several countries and institutions are offering fully funded scholarships specifically for Mozambique students.
These scholarships provide the perfect platform for determined Mozambicans to further their education and enhance their skills. So, if you’re from Mozambique and aspiring for a quality international education, here are five fully funded scholarships that could turn your dream into a reality.
The Chevening Scholarships
Table of Contents
The Chevening Scholarships bring the dream to life for Mozambique students demonstrating academic prowess and leadership potential. This premier global program, supported by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) along with various partner organizations, grants recipients a chance to undertake postgraduate studies at any UK-based university.
- Citizenship: Are you a Mozambican citizen or hold permanent residency in Mozambique?
- Academic Background: Do you have a Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a UK upper second-class 2:1 honours degree?
- Work Experience: Have you completed at least two years (2,800 hours) of work experience after your undergraduate degree?
- English Language Proficiency: Can you demonstrate proficiency in English through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL?
- Register online: Create an account on the Chevening website and access the application portal.
- Select your scholarship program: Choose the most appropriate option based on your goals and eligibility.
- Complete the application form: Be honest, concise, and showcase your personality and enthusiasm.
- Submit your supporting documents: Ensure all materials are uploaded correctly and meet the requirements.
- Interview (optional): Depending on your chosen program, you may be invited for an interview to further assess your potential.
This scholarship is not just an opportunity, but an open door to a world of rich, diverse knowledge, and lifelong growth. So, pack your dreams and aspirations, and let Chevening guide your academic journey in the UK.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
A world of endless opportunities awaits Mozambique students with the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP). This scholarship program places a spotlight on potential global leaders, offering fully funded master’s degree studies in the heart of Sweden.
- Open to citizens of specific developing countries (list available on the SI website).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and strong academic record.
- Demonstrated professional experience and commitment to sustainable development.
- English language proficiency is mandatory.
- Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year open in February 2024.
- You can start preparing by:
- Identifying eligible master’s programs on universityadmission.se.
- Strengthening your application materials (CV, statement of purpose, etc.).
- Familiarizing yourself with the application process and eligibility criteria.
So, for the Mozambican students with dreams as high as the Northern Lights, let the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals be your launching pad towards an exciting academic adventure in Sweden.
The Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the program extends fully-funded opportunities for Master’s and PhD studies in the United Kingdom. If the high costs of UK education have been a barrier, this scholarship is your bridge, catering specifically to those who would otherwise find UK education unaffordable.
- Open to citizens of eligible Commonwealth countries (check the CSC website for full list).
- Requires a strong academic record (typically upper second-class honours degree for Master’s, Master’s degree for PhD).
- Demonstrated potential to contribute to development in your home country.
- Unable to afford to study in the UK without the scholarship.
- Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are currently open until April 26, 2024.
- Prepare by:
- Identifying eligible Master’s or PhD programs at UK universities through UCAS or university websites.
- Refining your application materials (CV, personal statement, academic transcripts, etc.).
- Familiarizing yourself with the specific eligibility criteria for your chosen scholarship type.
So, for all Mozambican students with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and a drive to make a difference, the Commonwealth Scholarships await you.
Read Also: Fully Funded Mali Scholarships
Which country is easiest to get a fully funded scholarship?
New Zealand is considered to be one of the easiest countries in the world to get a fully funded scholarship. The country’s universities and institutions offer a wide range of scholarships, including the New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarships and the Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia. These scholarships cover a wide range of expenses, including tuition fees, living costs, and travel expenses. In addition, New Zealand is a welcoming and inclusive country that offers a high quality of life and an excellent education system.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Getting a 100% scholarship takes time, dedication, and a thoughtful approach. The first step is to search for scholarships that match your interests, skills, and qualifications. Once you’ve identified some suitable scholarships, research the application process and make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements. It’s also important to create a strong application that showcases your achievements and potential. In addition, many scholarships require letters of recommendation, so it’s important to build relationships with teachers and other professionals who can provide positive references.
Is there any fully funded scholarship?
Yes, numerous fully funded scholarships exist, covering tuition fees, living expenses, and sometimes travel and health insurance. Examples include:
- Fulbright Scholarships: Funded by the US government for international students in various fields.
- Rhodes Scholarships: Prestigious program offering full funding for postgraduate studies at Oxford University.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: Fully funded for postgraduate studies at Cambridge University for students from developing countries.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme: Supports postgraduate studies at renowned universities worldwide.
Many universities also offer their own full tuition scholarships for outstanding students.
What does a fully funded scholarship cover?
The exact coverage varies based on the specific scholarship program, but typically includes:
- Tuition fees: Covers the cost of your academic program at the chosen university.
- Living expenses: Provides a monthly stipend for housing, food, and other daily needs.
- Health insurance: Ensures basic medical coverage during your studies.
- Travel grants: Some programs may offer financial assistance for travel to and from your host country.
- Additional allowances: In some cases, research grants, book allowances, or other support may be provided.
Always carefully review the scholarship details to understand what’s covered and any excluded expenses.
Which country is best for scholarship?
It depends on your priorities and academic goals. Each country offers unique academic strengths, scholarship opportunities, and cultural experiences. Consider factors like:
- Field of study: Choose a country with top universities and strong programs in your chosen field.
- Scholarship availability: Research funding options that align with your background and aspirations.
- Cost of living: Compare living expenses and financial support offered by different countries.
- Language preferences: Consider your language skills and whether the majority of programs are offered in your preferred language.
- Personal interest: Explore the culture, environment, and lifestyle of different countries to find one that resonates with you.
Ultimately, the “best” country depends on your individual needs and circumstances. Research thoroughly, prioritize your goals, and choose the country that offers the best fit for your academic and personal development.
The pursuit of higher education can be transformative, and these fully funded scholarships hold the key for Mozambique students seeking international exposure.
Regardless of financial barriers, quality education is within your reach. So, dare to dream big and make the most of these opportunities to turn those dreams into a reality. The world is your classroom, and these scholarships are your tickets to an international education that could shape your future and the future of Mozambique. So, apply now and take the first step on your journey to an enriching educational experience.