Dreaming of studying in the land of the Vikings, the Northern Lights, and stunning fjords, but the financial burden is too great? Fear not.
Norway, renowned for its high-quality education and English-taught programs, offers numerous scholarships to international students. Let’s explore five of the most remarkable fully-funded scholarships that Norway has to offer.
Norwegian Quota Scholarship Scheme
Table of Contents
Let’s Take a look at the Norwegian Quota Scholarship Scheme, an esteemed scholarship program that Norway proudly offers. It specifically targets students hailing from developing nations, Central and Eastern Europe, and Central Asia.
Who is eligible?
- Students from eligible countries listed on the official website: https://digitalvaults.org/scholarship/norway-scholarships-for-international-students/
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the chosen Master’s program.
- PhD applicants must have a completed Master’s degree.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Tuition fees: The scheme covers tuition fees in full, equivalent to what a Norwegian student would pay.
- Living expenses: Recipients receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, currently around NOK 34,740 per month (subject to change).
- Travel allowance: A one-time travel allowance is provided to cover travel costs from the home country to Norway and back upon completion of studies.
- Health insurance: The scheme covers basic health insurance for scholarship recipients.
In certain cases, it even stretches its generosity to cover your travel expenses. It’s an incredible opportunity that can significantly lighten your financial load while providing an unforgettable academic experience in the heart of Scandinavia.
Scholarships offered by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), revered for its unwavering commitment to research, makes this dream tangible for many through its impressive scholarships. The fully funded Ph.D. fellowship is indeed a gem among these.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, environmental science, or maritime studies
- Strong academic record and demonstrated interest in coastal and marine issues are essential
- English language proficiency is required
- Application deadlines vary, typically in January and February
- Applications are submitted through the CoMEM+ online portal
- Required documents include transcripts, CV, letters of recommendation, research proposal (if applicable), and a motivation letter
Why not seize this fantastic opportunity and make a mark on the world through your research at NTNU? Let the stunning beauty of Norway be your muse and its leading research institution, your playground.
How can I get a fully funded scholarship in Norway?
There are several pathways to secure a fully funded scholarship in Norway. Here are some tips:
- Focus on high academic achievement: Maintain excellent grades and demonstrate strong academic potential.
- Research relevant scholarships: Explore options like the Norwegian Quota Scholarship, University of Oslo Fully-funded Masters Scholarships, or BI Presidential Scholarship. These programs offer full tuition fees and often include a monthly stipend.
- Target your research interests: Align your research goals with Norway’s priorities in areas like renewable energy, sustainable development, or marine sciences.
- Meet language requirements: Although IELTS is not always mandatory, some scholarships might require English proficiency tests like TOEFL or Duolingo. Check the specific requirements for each scholarship.
- Apply early and prepare strong application materials: Start researching scholarships well in advance of deadlines and craft your application materials carefully. Highlight your achievements, research potential, and contribution to Norway or your chosen field.
- Consider alternative funding options: Look into research grants, assistantships, or part-time work opportunities to supplement your scholarship or cover living expenses.
What is a fully funded scholarship for international students 2024 in Norway?
Several fully funded scholarships are available for international students in Norway in 2024. Some top options include:
- Norwegian Quota Scholarship: For Master’s degrees in selected fields deemed crucial for Norway’s development.
- University of Oslo Fully-funded Masters Scholarships: Available for students from Africa, Asia, Oceania, Central America, or South America pursuing Master’s degrees at the University of Oslo.
- BI Presidential Scholarship: Open to exceptional international students for Master’s programs at BI Norwegian Business School.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees: European Union-funded programs offering full tuition and living expenses for Master’s degrees in various fields, some potentially relevant to Norway.
Do you need IELTS for Norway?
IELTS is not a mandatory requirement for all universities in Norway. However, some specific scholarships or programs might require English language proficiency tests like TOEFL or Duolingo. Always check the individual requirements for each scholarship or university admission.
Which country is easiest to get a fully funded scholarship?
There’s no definitive answer to this, as scholarship opportunities and competitiveness vary across countries. However, some countries like Germany, Sweden, Norway, and the Netherlands offer various fully funded scholarships for international students. Researching extensively and tailoring your application to specific programs can increase your chances of success.
Which European country is easy to get a scholarship?
Similar to the previous question, ease of securing a scholarship depends on several factors like your academic profile, chosen field, and program competitiveness. However, countries like Austria, France, and Czech Republic offer relatively affordable tuition fees and several scholarship opportunities compared to others.
Each of these incredible opportunities is not just a financial lifeline, but a door to academic enrichment, personal growth, and unforgettable cultural experiences in a country celebrated for its breathtaking beauty and warm hospitality. These scholarships effectively eliminate the financial stress, allowing you to focus on what truly matters – your passion for learning, exploration, and creating a positive impact on the world.
Seize these opportunities, and set sail on an academic journey like no other in the land of the Vikings. With these fully funded scholarships, your dream of studying in Norway is not just possible; it’s practically a ticket away! So gear up, apply now, and embark on an academic voyage that promises rich rewards and unforgettable experiences. Your Norwegian adventure awaits!