If you’re a student in Timor-Leste looking to expand your horizons, enhance your academic credentials, and experience life in a different part of the world, a fully-funded scholarship might be the golden ticket you need.
In this blog post, we explore fantastic scholarships, all fully funded, that can provide Timorese students with life-changing opportunities. From the UK to New Zealand, Canada to Germany, these scholarships can open doors to a world of possibility. Let’s dive in!
Timor-Leste (Chevening Scholarship)
Table of Contents
The Chevening Scholarship is tailormade for individuals like you. It opens the doors to UK universities, offering fully-funded tuition and a substantial living stipend. Roundtrip airfare and other allowances are also included.
Eligibility for Chevening Scholarships
- To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship in Timor-Leste, you must:
- Be a citizen of Timor-Leste.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Meet the English language requirements. The required score for the IELTS test is 7.0, and the required score for the TOEFL test is 100.
- Gain a world-class education: You will have the opportunity to study at a top university in the UK, where you will be taught by leading academics in your field.
- Develop your leadership skills: You will participate in a variety of leadership development programs and workshops, which will help you to hone your skills and become a more effective leader.
- Build your network: You will meet other Chevening Scholars from all over the world, and you will have the opportunity to build lasting friendships and professional relationships.
- Make a difference in your home country: When you return home after your studies, you will be well-equipped to make a positive impact in your community and your country.
The Chevening Scholarship isn’t merely a financial grant—it’s an investment in your potential and in the future of Timor-Leste.
University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship
This institution proudly presents the International Research Master’s Scholarship, a fully-funded opportunity accessible to all international students, including those hailing from Timor-Leste. It’s a golden ticket that not only waives your tuition fees entirely but also provides a generous living allowance for a period of up to two years.
- Open to international students seeking their first Master’s qualification.
- Applicants must be undertaking a thesis-based Master’s program within one of the following divisions:
- Commerce/School of Business
- Health Science
- NZD$17,172 annual stipend to support living expenses.
- Partial tuition fee waiver covering the cost of your thesis at the domestic fee rate.
- Based primarily on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research.
- Applications are generally open in March/April for study commencing the following year.
The University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship is not just about funding your education—it’s about fueling your passion, driving your research ambitions, and embracing a life-changing international experience.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students
This scholarship, generously funded by the Heinrich Boll Foundation, opens up a world of opportunity for international students hailing from Global South countries, including Timor-Leste. It’s a comprehensive package, designed to alleviate financial stress and support your academic journey by covering all the necessary costs. This includes tuition fees, living expenses, and even travel expenses.
- Open to international students from any country (except Germany for undergraduate programs).
- Applicants must be enrolled in or applying to a degree program at a university, university of applied sciences, or university of the arts in Germany.
- There are separate eligibility criteria for undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs. These typically involve:
- Strong academic record.
- Demonstrated social and political engagement.
- Commitment to the values of the foundation: democracy, ecology, solidarity, and non-violence.
- Full or partial tuition fees (varies depending on the program and individual circumstances).
- Monthly stipend for living expenses (between €812 and €1,350).
- Additional allowances for research costs, health insurance, and travel.
- Support and guidance from the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Don’t just dream about making a difference, grab this opportunity to be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to make those dreams a reality. Dare to take the first step? Apply for the Heinrich Boll Scholarships and let Germany welcome you with open arms into a world of innovation, sustainability, and academic excellence.
What is the scholarship for Timor Leste 2024 2025?
While applications for some scholarships for Timor Leste in 2024-2025 have already closed, there are still numerous opportunities:
- Chevening Scholarship: For Timorese citizens pursuing one-year postgraduate degrees in the UK. Applications closed November 1st, 2023, but remember the next opening for the 2025-2026 cycle typically starts in March/April 2024.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program: Timorese graduates can conduct independent research in the US for six to twelve months.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program: Timorese graduates can earn a Master’s degree at a top US university with full funding.
- DAAD Scholarships: Several programs are available for Timorese students and researchers, ranging from Master’s to Doctoral and Postdoctoral studies in Germany. Check the DAAD website for specific deadlines and program offerings.
- University-specific scholarships: Several universities around the world offer scholarships for international students, including those from Timor Leste. Research universities you’re interested in for specific opportunities.
Remember, even if some deadlines have passed, keep these and other scholarships in mind for future applications! Research thoroughly, prepare well, and don’t hesitate to reach out to program contacts for more information.
Which country is easiest to get a fully funded scholarship?
Many countries offer fully funded scholarships to international students, but some may be easier to obtain than others. For example, Germany is known for its generous scholarships, and many students find it relatively easy to obtain funding for their studies. In addition, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Norway all offer a variety of scholarship opportunities that may be easier to obtain than those offered by other countries.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Obtaining a 100% scholarship is a challenging but achievable goal. To increase your chances of success, it is important to do your research and prepare a strong application. Start by identifying scholarship opportunities that fit your qualifications and interests. Create a list of the scholarships you want to apply for, and research the application requirements and deadlines. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to complete the applications, as many require multiple essays and recommendation letter
Which country gives the most scholarships?
It’s difficult to pinpoint a single country with the absolute “most” scholarships. However, certain nations offer extensive programs for international students:
- China: Chinese Government Scholarship, CSC Scholarship, etc.
- United States: Fulbright Scholarship, Ford-McCulloch Scholarship, etc.
- United Kingdom: Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships, etc.
- Germany: DAAD scholarships, various university-specific scholarships, etc.
- France: Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme, Emile Boutmy Scholarship, etc.
Remember, the number of scholarships isn’t everything. Focus on programs that align with your goals and research the application requirements to find the best fit for you.
What scholarship is the easiest to get?
There are many scholarships out there, but some may be easier to get than others. Smaller, local scholarships tend to be less competitive than national scholarships, so they can be a good place to start. Scholarships that are specific to a particular field of study or demographic group may also be easier to win, since there will be fewer applicants. In addition, many scholarships are not based solely on grades, so even if you don’t have a perfect GPA, you may still be able to find a scholarship that is a good fit for you
Seizing these fully funded scholarships can be your ticket to an exceptional education journey. With possibilities to study in countries such as the UK, New Zealand, Germany, and Canada, the world is indeed your oyster. Beyond merely covering your academic expenses, these scholarships offer an enriching experience that transcends the confines of a classroom.
They give you the chance to engage with diverse cultures, nurture global networks, and contribute to significant socio-political changes. More importantly, they could serve as stepping stones for you to become a future leader and make meaningful changes in Timor-Leste. So, go ahead, apply for these scholarships, unlock a world of opportunities, and take the next step in shaping a brighter future. It’s time to turn your dreams into reality!