Benin is a country located in West Africa, known for its vibrant culture and rich history. Despite its small size, Benin has a growing economy and is home to many talented individuals. However, access to higher education can be a challenge for many students in Benin due to financial constraints. To support and empower the youth of the country, various organizations and institutions offer fully funded scholarships for students to pursue their academic dreams.
These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other necessary costs, allowing students to focus on their studies without worrying about financial burdens. In this blog post, we will explore some of the fully funded scholarships available in Benin and how they are making a difference in the lives of young Beninese students.
Bedrock/UNIBEN Tertiary Scholarship for Nigerian Students
Table of Contents
The Bedrock/UNIBEN Tertiary Scholarship for Nigerian Students presents a golden opportunity for bright minds hailing from Benin. This scholarship program is a collaborative effort between Bedrock, an esteemed international organization, and the University of Benin (UNIBEN), one of Nigeria’s top-ranked universities. This synergy aims at molding future leaders, allowing them to access a quality tertiary education, regardless of their financial constraints.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens currently enrolled in their 200 or higher level (2L+) at UNIBEN.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.5 and excellent academic performance are required.
- The age limit at the time of application is 22 years old.
- Preference is given to students facing financial difficulties and those originating from Edo State or the South-South region of Nigeria.
- The scholarship provides a yearly grant to cover tuition fees, significantly reducing the financial burden for academic success.
- Beyond financial support, the program potentially fosters connections with industry professionals and mentorship opportunities.
- Online application submission through the Bedrock Group website is required.
- You’ll need to prepare documents like academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, proof of citizenship, and a letter of recommendation from your Head of Department.
- Applications typically open several weeks before the start of the academic year.
In a nutshell, the Bedrock/UNIBEN Tertiary Scholarship for Nigerian Students is much more than a financial lifeline; it’s a launchpad for potential leaders and game-changers.
AERC 2020 Collaborative PhD Fellowship Programme in Economics for African Students
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is taking giant strides to empower the future economists of Africa through the AERC 2020 Collaborative PhD Fellowship Programme in Economics.
This comprehensive scholarship program is exclusively designed for the bright minds of Africa, including those from Benin, to help them reach the zenith of their academic dreams in the field of economics.
Eligibility for the AERC Program:
- Open to African citizens with a Master’s degree in economics or a related field from a recognized university.
- Applicants need to be admitted to a Ph.D. program in economics at one of the eight participating universities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- A strong academic record with excellent grades and research experience were required.
- Demonstrated commitment to economic development in Africa and potential to contribute to the continent’s knowledge base were crucial.
Application Process for the AERC Program:
- Applications need to be submitted through the AERC online portal before deadlines are announced annually.
- Required documents included academic transcripts, CV, research proposal, letter of recommendation from PhD supervisor, and proof of admission to the chosen PhD program.
- A rigorous selection process assessed academic merit, research potential, development relevance, and commitment to Africa.
The AERC 2020 Collaborative PhD Fellowship Programme in Economics is, therefore, more than just a scholarship. It’s a commitment to the advancement of economic research in Africa. It’s a platform that cultivates intellectual prowess, nurtures research skills, and creates future thought leaders in economics.
WUNIBEN 2023 Undergraduate Pharmacy Scholarship Program
The WUNIBEN 2023 Undergraduate Pharmacy Scholarship Program is an exceptional opportunity for students in Benin aspiring to build a career in the field of pharmacy.
This fully-funded scholarship is offered by the esteemed University of Benin (WUNIBEN), one of Africa’s top-ranking universities renowned for its pharmaceutical education.
It is a ray of hope for those talented students who, despite financial constraints, harbor dreams of making a mark in the pharmaceutical world.
- Open to undergraduate students enrolled in the Pharmacy program at UNIBEN, specifically in their 200 to 600 levels.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic performance with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
- Endorsement from a Senior Lecturer or higher within the Faculty of Pharmacy is mandatory.
- No age limit has been specified in the official information available as of today (December 30, 2023).
- Applications were accepted until October 14th, 2023. Unfortunately, the 2023 application window has closed.
- If you’re interested in applying for the next application cycle, be sure to mark the deadline in your calendar and keep an eye out for announcements from the Faculty of Pharmacy or the university website.
- The application process typically involves submitting an online application form available through the pharmacy faculty website or university portal. Additional documents like your academic transcripts, letter of recommendation from the endorsed faculty member, and any other required items might be requested.
So, if you are a young mind from Benin with dreams of making a significant impact in the field of pharmacy, the WUNIBEN 2023 Undergraduate Pharmacy Scholarship Program is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss.
It’s your chance to turn your dreams into reality, step beyond financial limitations, and embrace a world full of learning and growth opportunities. After all, it’s not just a scholarship; it’s your launchpad to a brighter future in the pharmaceutical world.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
There’s no guaranteed secret recipe, but a strong focus and strategic approach can increase your chances:
- Excel academically: Maintain outstanding grades and demonstrate academic potential.
- Target relevant programs: Research scholarships aligned with your field and career goals.
- Craft a compelling application: Showcase your achievements, research interests, and commitment through essays, letters of recommendation, and other materials.
- Meet deadlines: Be punctual and submit complete applications before deadlines.
- Seek guidance: Utilize resources like university advisors or scholarship consultants for support.
Remember, competition is fierce, so persistence and a strong application are crucial.
How to apply for David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship?
Unfortunately, due to the recent change in the name of the David Oyedepo Foundation to Covenant University Alumni Foundation (CUAF), the specific application process for their scholarships might have changed. Here’s how to navigate:
- Visit the CUAF website: https://alumni.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/
- Look for scholarship opportunities: They offer various scholarships for different levels of study.
- Check eligibility criteria: Each scholarship has specific requirements, so ensure you meet them.
- Download application forms: Submit them online or by mail as specified.
- Prepare required documents: Academic transcripts, CV, letter of recommendation, etc.
- Meet deadlines: Be mindful of closing dates and submit applications on time.
For specific details on the application process, it’s best to directly contact the CUAF Scholarship Unit via email or phone.
What is Agbami scholarship?
The Agbami Scholarship Program, funded by the Nigerian Agbami Chevron JV, provides scholarships for high-performing Nigerian students in their university education. Here’s a breakdown:
- Focus: STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Levels: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Benefits: Full tuition fees, annual stipend, laptop, and internship opportunities.
- Application process: Typically announced online each year, requiring online registration and submission of academic transcripts, CV, and other documents.
Keep an eye out for future application announcements on the Agbami Scholarship website or relevant scholarship portals.
Does Uniben offer scholarships?
Yes, the University of Benin (UNIBEN) offers several scholarships through different channels:
- University-funded scholarships: Merit-based scholarships for high-performing students and need-based options for financially challenged students.
- Faculty-specific scholarships: Some faculties within UNIBEN offer scholarships for students specifically enrolled in their programs.
- External scholarships: Various organizations and foundations offer scholarships for UNIBEN students based on specific criteria.
To explore specific scholarship opportunities available at UNIBEN, visit the university website or contact the student affairs office for more information.
What rank is UNIBEN in Nigeria?
University rankings can fluctuate. According to the 2023 Webometrics Ranking of Nigerian Universities, UNIBEN is ranked 8th in Nigeria and in the top 800 universities globally. However, rankings may vary depending on the specific metrics used.
Every journey begins with a single step. For students in Benin, dreaming of quality education, this first step could be applying for a fully-funded scholarship. We’ve unveiled several scholarship programs for you today, each unique in its commitment to fostering education, nurturing talent, and empowering students, irrespective of their financial backgrounds.
So, go ahead, apply for these scholarships, and take your first step towards securing your future. Make your mark, make a difference, and make us all proud. Because every dream deserves a chance, and every student deserves an education. Let’s make it happen, together.