Eager to pursue your studies in Sri Lanka? Sri Lanka with its rich cultural heritage offers numerous fully funded scholarships to local and international students alike.
Whether you dream of studying art, science, or technology, these scholarships provide a fantastic opportunity to achieve your academic goals without the financial burden. Let’s dig into these fully funded Sri Lanka scholarships that can transform your educational journey!
The Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund
Table of Contents
The Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund, sponsored by the Sri Lankan government, rewards such exemplary students with full coverage of tuition fees. This merit-based program primarily serves local learners, though it also warmly welcomes international students pursuing their studies in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lankan citizens enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programs at recognized universities or technical institutions within the country.
- Academic merit is a primary criterion, though financial need also plays a role.
- Additional requirements may vary depending on the specific scholarship scheme within the Mahapola program.
- Monthly stipend during the course of study.
- Additional allowances for books, equipment, and other expenses.
- Free health insurance coverage.
- Access to student counseling and support services.
- Applications are typically open during specific periods, announced by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- The process involves submitting online forms, academic transcripts, recommendation letters, and other required documents.
- Detailed information and application guidelines are available on the official website of the Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahapola_Higher_Education_Scholarship_Trust_Fund
So, if you’ve got the grades and the passion, why not take a leap of faith with the Mahapola Scholarship?
Read Also: Fully Funded Serbia Scholarships
The Fulbright Scholarship Programs
Known around the globe for its dedication to enhancing international education, the Fulbright Scholarship Program is an esteemed offering also available to those seeking a master’s degree in Sri Lanka. Sponsored by the United States Department of State, this scholarship boasts a broad selection process, taking into consideration academic performance, leadership abilities, and a strong commitment to serving the public. Eligibility:
- Varies depending on the specific program and country.
- Generally open to citizens of the participating country with strong academic records and a commitment to cultural exchange.
- Specific requirements may include:
- Academic level
- Field of study
- English language proficiency
- Work experience
- Age restrictions
- Competitive, involving online applications, academic transcripts, recommendation letters, a statement of purpose, and other program-specific documents.
- Deadlines vary depending on the program and country.
- Check the official Fulbright website for detailed information and application guidelines: [https://us.fulbrightonline.org/]
Indeed, the Fulbright Program could be the stepping stone towards an impactful, global career for ambitious students.
The SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship Scheme
A golden ticket for students hailing from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations, the SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship Scheme is an educational game-changer. The sponsorship, courtesy of the SAARC Secretariat, is a gateway for scholars from SAARC member states to immerse themselves in higher education opportunities throughout the region, including the picturesque landscapes of Sri Lanka.
- Financial support: Covers tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs for Fellowship and Scholarship recipients.
- Academic enrichment: Access to world-class university facilities, renowned professors, and cutting-edge research opportunities.
- Networking and collaboration: Build connections with academic peers from across South Asia, fostering lifelong relationships and collaborative initiatives.
- Personal growth: Gain valuable international exposure, broaden your cultural understanding, and develop leadership skills.
- SAARC Chair: Eminent scholars with expertise in the chosen field, nominated by their respective member states.
- SAARC Fellowships: Open to postdoctoral researchers holding a PhD degree in the designated field, with strong research proposals aligned with the chosen theme.
- SAARC Scholarships: Master’s degree students from SAARC member states with excellent academic records and a demonstrated interest in the theme.
- Competitive, based on merit and alignment with the program’s objectives.
- Applications are reviewed by a regional committee composed of academic experts from SAARC member states.
The SAARC Chair, Fellowship and Scholarship Scheme is truly a springboard towards achieving your academic dreams and expanding your cultural horizons.
How can I get a scholarship in Sri Lanka?
There are several avenues to secure scholarships in Sri Lanka, both government-funded and privately offered. Here are some:
- Government Scholarships:
- Mahapola Higher Education Scholarship Trust Fund: Supports students based on financial need and academic merit.
- Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students: Full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies for students from select countries.
- Direct Scholarships: Cover tuition fees for various fields at Sri Lankan universities.
- University-specific scholarships: Many universities offer their own scholarships, covering full or partial costs based on merit or specific criteria.
- Private scholarships: Organizations and foundations often offer scholarships focusing on particular fields or regions.
Which country is easiest to get a fully funded scholarship?
When it comes to finding a fully funded scholarship, some countries are more accessible than others. For example, Germany is one of the easiest countries to get a fully funded scholarship. This is because there are a variety of scholarship programs available, including the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) scholarship program, the Humboldt Research Fellowships, and the International Scholarships of the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
In addition, Germany has a relatively low cost of living and many universities offer free or discounted tuition fees for international students. So if you’re looking for a fully funded scholarship, Germany is definitely worth considering.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Securing a full scholarship requires a strong application showcasing your academic excellence, research potential, community involvement, and financial need. Here are some key tips:
- Excel academically: Maintain strong grades and demonstrate research experience, publications, or other achievements.
- Strengthen your profile: Showcase extracurricular activities, leadership roles, and community involvement to highlight your well-roundedness.
- Craft a compelling application: Write a clear, concise, and persuasive application that aligns with the scholarship criteria and emphasizes your strengths and goals.
- Meet deadlines: Submit your application well before the designated deadline and ensure all required documents are attached.
Can I get a 100% scholarship in the UK?
Yes, several fully funded scholarships exist in the UK, including:
- Fulbright Scholarships: Funded by the US government, these scholarships offer full funding for various fields and study levels.
- Rhodes Scholarships: These prestigious scholarships provide full funding for studies at Oxford University.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: Offer full funding, mentorship, and career support for Master’s and PhD studies at Cambridge University.
- Chevening Scholarships: Funded by the UK government, these scholarships offer full funding for postgraduate studies in various fields.
However, competition for these scholarships is fierce.
How much CGPA is required for a scholarship in the UK?
There’s no set CGPA requirement for UK scholarships, as various factors are considered. However, a strong academic record is crucial. Universities typically look for CGPA above 3.5 (UK scale) or its equivalent for postgraduate programs.
So, are you ready to seize these incredible opportunities and embark on an unforgettable academic journey in Sri Lanka? Regardless of your discipline, these fully funded scholarships provide a springboard to achieving your educational dreams.